Thursday, September 27, 2007

Scared the hell out of me

On Tuesday, i received a notice stating i owed Australian Government $1,164.30. OMG! I freaked out! I asked my housemate Emma to help me out on how to resolve this. She helped me called the Australian Tax Office (ATO) and asked why i owed them so much. They checked and asked me question like how long i have been here and etc. After some questions, she said there is good news.

Under Tax Purposes, i am considered a resident and it is different from Immigration point of view. She said many ppl also misunderstood the meaning so all i had to do was write a letter to ATO to apologize about the mistake, state that i misunderstood the meaning and request them to amend my tax refund form. With this letter, later i should receive a cheaque of $430 instead. Phew!

Then when i was writing my letter i realise my working visa has expired. i began another panic attack so i print out the form and fill them up. The next day, i went to Uni to seek confirmation that i'm still a student in Uni then rush down to Immigration Office in the City. Waited for half an hour, it was my turn. Went up, they checked my visa and told me i do not have to re-apply for working visa as it auto extend the expiry date to match my current student visa expiry date. Ok! At least i know that's over.

Then i went for lunch and a bit of shopping. Went in to Esprit and look around. Though on sale, its still very expensive. They have very nice bags and clothes. Then in the end i bought myself a new wallet and an umbrella.



My New Esprit umbrella



Stripes umbrella - like the colours purple and pink



My New Esprit Wallet



My pretty wallet


Inside My Wallet

I also bought myself a pair of earnings and a simple braclet. Actually wanted to get Dior earings, necklace and braclet... but didn't.. maybe i get that for my christmas present and my sis bday. hehe! Broke! lol! Haven been working these past few weeks as i have to study for my mid semester exam. Now have to aim to score well in exam so i could go France with my sister. Yuppy! hehe! My dad said i could go over this summer holidays if i pass this semester so i'm trying my best! :)..

wasted 4 days this week. never study.. bad bad! better study now....

No comments: